GLOBAL SOUTH REVIEW
Global South Review is a social and political journal that aimed to provide academic and policy platform to exchange views, research findings, and dialogues within the Global South and between the Global North and the Global South.
In this year’s edition, the Global South Review cordially invites authors who are intrigued in the discipline of International Relations to debate post-pandemic governance, post-pandemic economic recovery, and climate change.
Authors may submit research articles and book reviews in related subjects. We invite you submit research papers and book reviews on following:
Vol. 3, No.1 – Multilateralism in Crisis: Pandemic and the Future of Global Order
- The role of Global South in advocating/steering global governance.
- The difficulties of managing international public goods in the era of a global pandemic.
- Any other manuscript examining issues encountered by the Global South in the context of post-pandemic global governance.
Vol.3, No.2 – Climate Change and Post-Pandemic Economic Recovery: Contradictions and Opportunities
- The longstanding dilema of pursuing economic recovery in the expense of environmental security.
- To be or not to be?: Betweeen energy dependent economic recovery and the pursuit of sustainable energy transition.
- Any other manuscript examining issues encountered by the Global South in the context of climate change and post-pandemic economic recovery.
- 3, No.1 : April, 1st 2021
- 3, No.2 : August, 1st 2021
For further information:
Contact Person: +62 899-1334-693 (Salsabila Nada Nurfadhila)
IIS Brief is a periodical publication published by the Institute of International Studies. This publication seeks to facilitate researchers and students from the UGM Department of International Relations to convey ideas on the latest international issues.
This publication has an academic and service approach to those interested in International Relations studies. Manuscripts that are eligible to be published in the form of IIS Brief are as follows:
- Written in English and / or Indonesian.
- Manuscripts of 1500 – 2500 words, not including references.
- The citations are written in body note format in APA style.
- The expected approved format is as follows:
- Writing the background and subject matter and the urgency of the problem at the beginning of writing.
- The author explains the conceptual basis that will be used to analyze the problem (if needed).
- The author analyzes the problem.
Please send your manuscript to email@example.com with [IIS Brief] written in the subject field
IIS Book Review
IIS Book Review is one of our newest publication program that is aimed to encourage the discussion and promotion of books among academics and enthusiast of International Relations studies. Through this program, IIS Book Review offers an opportunity for reviewer to publish his/her book review to wide audience of scholar and general public
In order to be published, IIS Book Review should fulfill the following standards :
- Reviewed book should fall under the category of Social Sciences and/or International Relations
- Written in a structured, good and clear English or Indonesian
- 500 – 750 words (without references)
- Citation is written in the format of body note (APA style)
- The expected format is as follows :
- The author provides the general view of the book
- The author analyzes the idea presented in the book
Please send your review to firstname.lastname@example.org with [IIS Book Review] written in the subject field
IIS Fortnightly Review
IIS Fortnightly Review is bi-weekly media and global issues review with a particular focus on the Global South. The review aims to build a community that actively yet critically discusses, analyzes and develops global issues from the perspective of Global South
- Students, lecturers, researchers, policy makers and general public are welcome.
- Pick your topic and write a 200 – 250 words-review based on credible and trusted media (newspaper, website, column, talks, etc). This word limit does not include references.
- Submit your review to email@example.com with following subject LAST NAME_FRT1/2/3/4.
- Contributors will be notified 5 days prior to release.
- Review should be written in English.
- Indonesia and the World [FRT1]
- What are challenges to Indonesia’s global interests and reputation?
- What are Indonesia’s strategies to address these challenges?
- The World on the Move [FRT2]
- What are movements that currently pose significant challenges against global injustice?
- What creative strategies that they employs to achieve this?
- How do these movements affect the Global South?
- Global Development and Economy [FRT3]
- What are significant developments in contemporary global development and economy?
- How do these developments affect the Global South?
- Traditional and Non-Traditional Security Challenge [FRT4]
- What are significant developments in contemporary global security governance?
- How do these developments affect the Global South?
IIS Monograph Series
IIS monograph series is a periodical published by the Institute of International Studies. It facilitates specifically themed writings by a single author or a group, with an academic purpose. This publication covers various themes, mainly from the Global South perspective, but each edition will only specifically address one main theme. IIS Monograph Series would be ideal to publish research findings, reports, and scholarly articles.
- Written in a structured, good and clear English or Indonesian.
- Manuscripts of 15000 – 25000 words, not including references.
- The citations are written in body note format in APA style or are called directly.
- If the manuscript contains more than one article, all the writings should be under the same specified theme.